CORS Program at a glance (subject to changes)
CORS Paper session: Arthroplasty
Moderators: Alberto Carli, ON; Rizhi Wang, BC
COA/CORS Paper session: Spine
Moderators: Fackson Mwale, QC; Albert Yee, ON
CORS paper session: Joints and Arthritis
Moderators: Janie Wilson, NS; Margarete Akens, ON
Founders Update: Sam Park, ON
COA Business Meeting
12:30-14:00: Lunch in Exhibits
13:00-14:00: CORS Business Meeting
14:00-14:45: CORS Symposium: 3D printing
Moderator: Fackson Mwale, QC
Summary: Additive manufacturing, also known as 3D printing, has emerged over the past 3 decades as a technology for rapid prototyping and manufacturing. The constantly improving quality of 3D-printing applications has contributed to their increased use on patients. This Symposium will highlight developments in 3D printing technology that has occurred in recent years and its potential role in the treatment of osteoarthritis. We will summarize for the clinician, the enormous benefits of 3D printing in the medical care of patients.
- What is 3D printing and how are 3D printed models or implants generated?
- To understand the present state of 3D printing in orthopaedic applications.
- What are the advantages and limitations of 3D printing?
- Future directions and challenges for clinical translation.
Speaker: Principles and Applications of Medical 3D Printing – Frank Rybicki, ON
Macnab Lecture (Topic: Musculoskeletal Tissue Engineering)
Hani Awad, US
- Understanding tissue engineering of load bearing connective tissues.
- Clinical problems and translational solutions.
- Models of musculoskeletal injury.
15:30-16:00: RI Harris, Richard Hawkins, US
17:30-19:00: Poster Pub in Exhibits (cash bar)