Annual Service Awards
2021 Service Award Call for Nominations Are Closed
The COA’s Annual Service Awards recognize members who have distinguished themselves through their exemplary contributions, influence and commitment to improving the Canadian orthopaedic community. Awarded each year at the COA Annual Meeting, the Service Awards are high honours bestowed on a member by the Canadian Orthopaedic Association.
- Nominees must be a member in good standing of the COA. Non-member nominees can be submitted for special consideration by the Awards Committee.
- A nominee can be the past or current recipient of another COA Annual Service Award.
- If a nominee is not selected for the award, they may be nominated again in a subsequent year.
- Only one recipient per award will be selected each year, unless otherwise decided by the Awards Committee.
- A recipient can receive each award only once, unless otherwise decided by the Awards Committee.
- Awards may be presented posthumously.
- 2021 nominations are now closed.
- All voting members of the COA are eligible to submit the name(s) of nominated candidates to the Awards Committee throughout the nomination period
- Voting members must be in good standing and maintain one of the following membership categories within the COA:
- Active (and those in the 50% reduction dues category in their first year of practice)
- Active International (and those in the 50% reduction dues category in their first year of practice).
- Submit the name of your candidate, the award you are nominating them for, and why you feel they are an appropriate recipient.