New Members – Joining the AAC is Easy!
If you consider sports medicine and/or arthroscopy to be a component of your practice and you would like to become an AAC member, please download and fill the AAC Membership Application here then email it to email@example.com. Members of the AAC are required to be COA members, but are not required to be practicing in Canada in order to join AAC.
Your application will be reviewed by the AAC Executive and you will be notified by email.
Active Membership (Active Physicians and Surgeons)
- AAC Active Membership is open to orthopaedic surgeons or other physicians who have an interest in and dedicate a portion of their practice to arthroscopy and/or sport medicine.
- AAC Active Membership dues are $100 annually.
Affiliate Membership (Allied Health Professionals, Researchers)
- AAC Affiliate Membership is open to researchers or allied health care professionals (physiotherapist, physician assistant, occupation therapist, etc.) who have an interest in and dedicate a portion of their practice to sport medicine and/or arthroscopy.
- AAC Affiliate Membership dues are $30 annually.
Associate Membership (Fellows and Residents)
- Associate Membership is open to fellows or residents with an interest in sports medicine and/or arthroscopy subspecialty training.
- AAC Associate Members are not required to pay annual dues.
Senior/Honourary Membership (Orthopaedic Surgeons retired from practice)
- Senior Membership is open to active members who have advised the Membership Chair of their retirement or reduction in practice or has been moved from COA active membership to the COA senior status per the relevant criteria.
- Honourary Membership is open to certain individuals after the AAC Voting Members at a general meeting pass a resolution recognizing the contributions of the individual to the AAC or its objects.
- AAC Senior/Honourary Members are not required to pay annual dues.