Canadian Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (COFAS)
The Canadian Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society (COFAS) was formed in June of 2002 at the combined meeting of the Canadian and American Orthopaedic Associations. Since then, COFAS has fostered numerous initiatives related to education, research and advocacy related to surgical foot and ankle care.
The COFAS is a group of orthopaedic surgeons who aim to promote excellence in clinical foot and ankle care in Canada by:
- Serving as the primary organization dedicated to foot and ankle clinical care, education and research in Canada.
- Functioning as the leading resource for education of the Canadian public, orthopaedic surgeons, the general medical community, government, and industry on foot and ankle care.
- Promoting research in foot and ankle care.
- Serving the members as a forum for discussion of problems unique to foot and ankle care in Canada.
- Developing resources that will help Canadian orthopaedic foot and ankle surgeons in addressing local practice-related issues such as quality improvement, coding, reimbursement, legislation, cost of care and access to care.