Canadian Paediatric Orthopaedic Group (CPOG)
CPOG Journal Club
The CPOG Education Committee hosted their first Journal Club via Zoom on May 11, 2021 at 8 PM EST! The CPOG Journal club is intended to highlight Canadian Paediatric Orthopaedic research. We intend for the authors to discuss their papers, followed by an informal discussion regarding the paper and its clinical relevance. The following papers were presented:
- Kedar Padhye, Ron El-Hawary, Victoria Price, Sarah Stevens, Brian Branchford & Ketan Kulkarni (2020) Development of a perioperative venous thromboembolism prophylaxis algorithm for pediatric orthopedic surgical patients, Pediatric Hematology and Oncology, 37:2, 109-118.
- Susan Nelson, Alexander Adams, Matthew Buczek, Chris Anthony, Apurva Shah (2019) Postoperative Pain and Opioid Use in Children with Supracondylar Humeral Fractures: Balancing Analgesia and Opioid Stewardship, The Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, 101: 119-26.
- Naveen Poonai, Natasha Datoo, Samina Ali, Megan Cashin, Amy Drendel, Rongbo Zhu, Natasha Lepore Michael Greff, Michael Rieder, Debra Bartley (2017) Oral Morphine versus ibuprofen administered at home for postoperative orthopedic pain in children: a randomized controlled trial, CMAJ, 10;189:E1252-8.
- Maryse Bouchard (2017) Guided Growth: Novel Applications in the Hip, Knee, and Ankle, J Pediatri Orthop, 37: S32-S36.
- Lise Leveille, Ozan Razi, Charles Johnston (2019) Rebound Deformity After Growth Modulation in Patients with Coronal Plane Angular Deformities about the Knee: Who Gets it and How Much? J Pediatri Orthop, 39:353-358.
- Walter Truong, Susan Novotny, Tom Novacheck, Eyun-Jung Shin, Andrew Howard, Unni Narayanan (2019) Should Proximal Femoral Implants be Removed Prophylactically or Reactively in Children with Cerebral Palsy? J Pediatr orthop, 39: E629-E635.
CPOG COVID-19 Webinar
The Canadian Paediatric Orthopaedic Group conducted a successful webinar on Tuesday, May 5, titled: The Impact of COVID-19 on Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery in Canada. The webinar was moderated by Dr. Kevin Smit, Dr. Debra Bartley, and Dr. Ron El-Hawary.
Please find below the details to access the Zoom recording of the webinar.
(This link will be active for 120 days.)
(Note that the period is part of the password.)