An orthopaedic fellowship usually designates a period of post-residency training that includes specific academic requirements. The reasons for pursuing a fellowship may include the desire to develop special skills and interests in a subspecialty area or to pursue the opportunity to do further research and training in preparation for an academic career.
Canadian Fellowship Opportunities
A listing of available orthopaedic fellowships in Canada are listed below by program and by subspecialty/area of interest.
If you would like to add your program’s orthopaedic fellowship to the listing or need to update your existing fellowship description, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
Canadian Fellowships by Program
If you are interested in any of the fellowships listed below, please contact the centres directly.
- Dalhousie University
- McGill University
- McMaster University
- Queen’s University
- Université de Montréal
- University of Alberta
- University of British Columbia
- University of Calgary
- University of Manitoba
- University of Ottawa
- University of Toronto
- Western University
Canadian Fellowships by Subspecialty
United States Fellowship Opportunities
Information about the match process involved with pursuing an orthopaedic fellowship in the United States can be found through the SF Match.
The AAOS Postgraduate Orthopaedic Fellowship Directory also provides a listing of fellowships available in the USA. This is printed on a yearly basis and is available for purchase through the AAOS.
United States Fellowship Information by Subspecialty Society
- Adult Reconstruction – American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- Foot and Ankle – American Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Hand – American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Oncology – Musculoskeletal Tumor Society
- Paediatrics – Pediatric Orthopaedic Society Of North America
- Shoulder and Elbow – American Shoulder And Elbow Surgeons
- Spine – North American Spine Society
- Sports Medicine – American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Trauma – Orthopaedic Trauma Association