- Annual Meeting registration fees are waived during the pre-registration period for Active members practicing in Canada whose membership is in good standing and for Associate (resident/fellow) members of the COA.
- Considerably reduced registration fees are offered exclusively to Active members practicing in the United States or overseas as well as for our Research Affiliate and Senior member categories.
You enjoy access to quality CME programmes at reduced member rates; you can learn about the latest ideas and innovations from researchers and manufacturers; you can apply to prestigious national and international travelling fellowships; or you can connect with leading thinkers in orthopaedics. And you receive a quarterly Bulletin that will keep you up to date on current events and ideas in orthopaedics.
So join your peers. Become a member of the Canadian Orthopaedic Association. We value your membership. We’re working for you.
What Are Your COA Membership Benefits?
Bone & Joint Publishing Journals Access
All COA members can opt-in to access the Bone & Joint Journal and Bone & Joint 360. This simple opt-in step is done via your COA online Membership Portal to gain access to the reduced annual subscription fees offered exclusively to members.
- The Bone & Joint Journal covers the most clinically challenging areas in orthopaedics and provides the very best information required for each orthopaedic subspecialty.
- Bone & Joint 360 is a digest journal designed to keep you up-to-date across all areas of orthopaedics.
If you are unsure of your Bone & Joint customer number please email: email@example.com
Important Notice – NEW Opt-in to Receive Access Bone & Joint Publications
Beginning in January, 2020, all COA members can opt-in to access the Bone & Joint Journal and Bone & Joint 360. This simple opt-in step is done via your COA online Membership Portal to gain access to the reduced annual subscription fees offered exclusively to members.
As a part of the Association’s strategic review, the COA’s member benefits suite is being examined and evaluated. Following the results from a survey sent to all members, asking to rank their benefits based on value of service, the COA Executive and Board are considering benefits that have broader scope. As such, access to reduced subscription fees the Bone & Joint Journal (BJJ) will be offered to all member categories through an opt-in process in the COA’s online Membership Portal.
All COA members will be able to take advantage of reduced annual subscription fees to the Bone & Joint Journal and to Bone & Joint 360. These can be purchased at the time of your membership renewal or anytime throughout the year. If you have any questions, please contact Cynthia Vezina: firstname.lastname@example.org
COA Members Receive Unlimited Premium Access to OrthoEvidence
OrthoEvidence (OE) is THE global content provider of the best evidence in orthopaedics. Through their web site, they provide complete summaries of the best orthopaedic research, updated daily. More than 55,000 practitioners and surgeons from more than 150 countries use OrthoEvidence because they provide a huge offering of summaries from more than 360 journals, they summarize only the VERY BEST (top 5%) evidence in orthopaedics all in one place (so you know the information you are reading is good), and they provide summaries that identify clinical implications, and are easy to quickly read and utilize in practice.
What does OE give me?
- Unlimited access to more than 5,300 reports summarizing the Level 1 evidence published over the past 7 years in orthopaedics
- Access to a breadth of content from 300+ journals and 14 different specialty areas including Trauma, Sports Medicine, Spine, Arthroplasty, Foot & Ankle, Shoulder & Elbow, Cannabis, and more.
- Access to summaries of research presented at major conferences from across the world including the COA Annual Meeting and AAOS!
- Ability to earn an unlimited number of CME credits by simply reading OrthoEvidence reports
- Access to OrthoEvidence’s PeerView feature which allows you to quickly see the most popular research as read by orthopaedic surgeons from around the world.
- Your very own Fast Track program, which will send you the most viewed content by COA members every month in the areas most important to YOU!
Haven’t received your OrthoEvidence account information? Contact email@example.com to get setup with your personal account today!
Want to get involved with the OrthoEvidence Editorial Board? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to learn more!
COAplan Planning & Benefits Program
We are very pleased to announce several new elements to the COA member benefits program, in partnership with two of Canada’s largest and most respected institutions: RBC Insurance and Sun Life Financial.
Effective immediately, all COA members now have access at no cost to Sun Life’s Estate and Financial Planning Service (EFPS*). This team of independent planners and experts will produce for you any or all of the following upon request:
- Comprehensive, holistic financial plan
- Retirement plan and projections
- Estate plan
- Business and corporate plan
*EFPS team members are salaried planners and unable to sell or receive compensation from the sale of any insurance or investments products.
RBC Insurance, Canada’s leading provider of disability coverage to specialist physicians, will now offer 25% discounting for COA members. In addition, COA members have access to disability specialists who can offer assessments of current coverage, complex coverage design, and also advise on business and overhead coverage for professional corporations.
Sun Life Global Investments (SLGI) has provided preferential access to their Private Client platform, which offers reduced fee structures, full disclosure reporting and statements, as well as holdings from many of the world’s top investment firms including Mawer, RBC, Fidelity, Beutel Goodman, Sentry, Templeton, Invesco, MFS, and more.
To access any of the above services, or to learn more about the program, please click on the banner link below or contact us at: (647) 272-1819, or email us through the following address: info@COAplan.ca