2022 COA Annual Meeting
The COA Annual Meeting is the Association’s premiere event offering educational and networking opportunities in one of Canada’s finest cities. Mark your calendars for the upcoming in-person 2022 COA, CORS, and CORA Annual Meeting. This year’s event will be held in Québec city at the Convention Center from June 8-11th. The preliminary program can be found on the COA Annual Meeting website. Registration opens soon!
2021 COA Annual Meeting
The Canadian Orthopedic Limb Lengthening Association (COLLA) presented a symposium at the COA 2021 Annual Meeting held virtually from June 16-19. See below the symposium details.
COA Symposium: Limb Lengthening & Deformity Correction (COLLA)
Intramedullary Lengthening Nails – Current Uses
Friday, June 18 at 8:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Maryse Bouchard, Hugo Centomo, and Caroline Forsythe
Learn about the techniques for intramedullary femoral lengthening nails for use in adolescent and adult cases of LLD. Learn about combined deformity correction and lengthening using retrograde femoral lengthening nails. Learn about the use of a bone transport lengthening nail for segmental bone defects. Discover the use of stainless steel lengthening nails for stature/cosmetic lengthening.
- Planning and Technical Pearls for the Use of Magnetic Lengthening Nails in the Femur
- Special Consideration for Lengthening Nails in the Tibia
Michael Joseph Assayag
- Combined Acute Deformity Correction and Lengthening with Magnetic Nails
- Use of Bone Transport Lengthening Nails for Segmental Bone Defects
Richard John Jenkinson
- Cosmetic Lengthening – When Three Inches Matters