Canadian Paediatric Orthopaedic Group (CPOG)
COA 2022 Annual Meeting
The COA Annual Meeting is the Association’s premiere event offering educational and networking opportunities in one of Canada’s finest cities. Mark your calendars for the upcoming in-person 2022 COA, CORS, and CORA Annual Meeting. This year’s event will be held in Québec city at the Convention Center from June 8-11th. The preliminary program can be found on the COA Annual Meeting website. Registration opens soon!
Preliminary Paediatric Program
Subspecialty Day – Saturday, June 11
- 08:00-09:30 Instructional Course Lecture – Stay tuned for updates on this exciting session!
- 09:45-11:15 Paper Session: Paediatric Spine and Lower Limb
- 11:30-12:30 Surgical Tips and Tricks Workshop
- 12:30-13:30 Lunch
- 13:30-15:00 CPOG / COAGS Global Health Symposium: Assessing Needs and Providing Live Virtual
- 15:15-16:45 CPOG Business Meeting / Research Forum / Award Presentations
2021 COA Annual Meeting: Virtual
The 2021 COA Annual Meeting was held virtually from June 15-19, 2021. The conference was delivered over 4 evenings and 1 day of online education, including subspecialty programming, CORA and CORS sessions, presentation and networking opportunities. The paediatric programming included 3 paper sessions and 1 symposium. The most popular session was the COA Paper Session: Paediatrics – CP and DDH. You can consult their complete program below:
Thursday, June 17 | 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM ET
COA Symposium: Paediatric MSK Oncology – Updates on Diagnosis, Work-up, and Treatment
- Review the best and evolving evidence regarding Paediatric MSK Oncology
- Present and discuss current practices and updates in the diagnosis, workup, and treatment of: Benign Lesions (including Osteoid Osteoma, Unicameral Bone Cysts, and Aneurysmal Bone Cysts)
- Present and discuss current practices and updates in the diagnosis and workup of: Malignant Lesions including Osteosarcoma and Ewing’s Sarcoma
Caroline Forsythe and Kristi Wood
- Work-up and Management of Benign Active Lesions – Katie Rooks
- Work-up and Management of Benign Aggressive Lesion – Karl Logan
- Work-up and Management of Malignant Lesions Including Osteosarcoma and Ewing’s Sarcoma – Sevan Hopyan
Thursday, June 17 | 7:15 PM – 8:15 PM ET
COA Paper Session: Paediatrics – CP and DDH
Megan Cashin and Waleed Kishta
Thursday, June 17 | 8:30 PM – 9:30 PM ET
COA Paper Session: Paediatrics – Spine and Limb Deformity
Sukhdeep Dulai and Neil Saran
Friday, June 18 | 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM ET
COA Paper Session: Paediatrics – Trauma and Infection
Lori Anne Archer and David R. Nelson
2020 COA Annual Meeting: Virtual
Paediatric/Trauma ICL: Adolescent Trauma: Differing Perspectives from the Adult and Paediatric Surgeon
- Debate #1: Adolescent Clavicle Fracture Treatment
- Debate #2: Adolescent Forearm Fracture Treatment
Present and discuss best evidence, current practices, surgical techniques and controversies in the management of: adolescent clavicle fractures, adolescent radius and ulna shaft fractures, and adolescent tibial shaft fractures.
2019 COA Annual Meeting: Montreal, QC
CPOG had another strong program at the Canadian Orthopaedic Association Annual Meeting In Montreal this past June, where the new executive committee was announced.
At the 2019 CPOG Annual General Meeting it was decided that membership dues will be implemented at $100 per year per member. Fees will be waived for trainee members and new members who are in their first two years of practice. Membership fees allow numerous group and individual benefits, including improved communications, and subsidization of visiting speakers and educational opportunities.